Diet/exercise/weight loss thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surreal

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Thank you both so much for your advice.

I applied to day for a part time job at Bestbuy. It's not gpoing to be easy towork and have a full class load but one of the requirements for the jobwas: "The ability to stand up and move for your whole shift."
It isn't a lot of excercise, but it works. I'm also about to play some DDR (Dance Dance Revolution, for the uninitiated). It's a strenuous work out since I'm at one of the highest difficulty levels. I'm going to look up a healthy recipe tonight and get the stuff tommorow.

I think my food related challenge will have to do with breakfast- I hate it, and I never eat it. I think I can challenge myself to eating a healthy breakfast every day, and healthier snacks in between meals. Thanks guys

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

DDR is, from what I've seen of it, a reasonably aerobic workout. 30 minutes 3x week would be a good start. Other small tips for adding a little bit of exercise include always taking the stairs and walking or biking instead of driving short distances.

If you have a blender, you could make a breakfast smoothie--yogurt, organic peanut butter, some oats, some frozen fruit (esp. blueberries), maybe some spinach. It'll give you a lot of energy.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

Surreal

I like the sound of that smoothie. I actually was offered a blender when I was packing for college but I said I didn't need one. I assumed the only thing I'd use it for was milkshakes. I'll have to get one. But, why not normal peanut butter? I bet it's cheaper. Might taste better too. WAIT. You live in Wisconsin, ain't that dairy country? I'll go up there, milk myself a dairy cow and make my own peanut butter. Wait, I just had a brilliant thought thought that, maybe, just maybe, there's no milk in peanut butter. Goddess, I'm losing it, I really and truly am. But I will try the recipe! And DDR for 30 minutes on my dificulty is insane, but (non-existant female) balls to the wall, I'll do it!

Fileboom Premium Account

Good luck with that :)

My toe is finally looking a little better (well, to me anyway) so maybe I'll be able to start my walks again before too long :)

Also, I'm going to get some cheapish trainers, to have something to wear for pushbiking so that I can buy a pusbike as soon as I can after that :) Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is pushbiking a good cardio exercise? :confused:

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Surreal, as you surmised, there's not dairy in peanut butter. It's ground peanuts and nothing else. Commercial peanut butter has a lot of hydrogenated oils in it to make it thicker. Organic has a brighter taste and is much better for you overall.

OLP: Congrats on your toe improving! Just don't push yourself too hard on those first couple of walks.

I just did a 23 bike ride. Stopped for breakfast halfway through. Discovered that pancakes are not great biking food.

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

sebastian

After those pancakes, which were crazy fluffy, all I wanted to do was lie down and digest for an hour. Not a good condition to bike in, although I managed to get home.

Did a 10k ride today. I would have gone further but the wind was really strong and wore me out faster than normal. That, and with all the kids and old people in the park it was like an obstacle course with morons for obstacles.

Fileboom Premium Account

I bought a pair of jeans today from a charity shop, in a size 10, a size I am almost completely down to from a 12.

Well, they are either a majorly small 10, or I'm a lot bigger than I thought. I struggled to get them over my thighs before realising they would not come together to fasten around my waist :(

It's an extra incentive though, to lose a few inches, as I have several pairs of trousers I like that I have now outgrown :( So if I can slim down enough to fit comfortably into each pair, then I will be happy :)

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

Congrats, OLP! It is such a great feeling to discover that your clothes have gotten baggy or that you can fit into a smaller size. I've been enjoying wearing medium t-shirts, after a lifetime of extra-larges. I love the fact that I can wear a moderately tight t-shirt and look ok in it, although I still have the remnants of a belly right down around my navel. I'd be so happy if I could lose that.

And remember that different brands of clothes are cut differently. For some brands I can wear large dress shirts, but for others I'm still closer to an extra-large. Some brands of t-shirt I can do mediums but others I have to get large. So you may just have gotten a size 10 from a brand that cuts them particularly tight (and jeans have a lot of variation).

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

SubAnna

Status
Not open for further replies.