How can I keep silk rope from fraying?

RS1981

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I'm planning on buying some japanese silk rope from extreme restraints, but the reviews have me a bit unsure. A few of them said it's useless because the ends unravel easily. Do they just not know what they're doing and this can be prevented? Or should I try to find something better? I heard with nylon rope at least you can burn the ends to keep it from unraveling, can you do the same with silk?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

RS1981

No, it won't work with silk, as it doesnt have any artificial threads to be melt. But I guess from the point of view of sensual feelings, nylon and silk are pretty much the same :) besides it ties into knots and they stay firm better

I suppose I'm relying too much on reviews again, but there's also a bondage set that includes a very long nylon rope, and one of the reviews said the rope can cut into your skin. I'll link it here and you or anyone else can tell me your opinion on whether it's worth it. My pet is actually the one who bought her rope. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to buying cuffs and rope.

http://www.extremerestraints.com/wrist-and-ankle-restraints_11/strict-leather-bondage-set_3074.html

Fileboom Premium Account

Last edited:

sebastian

Burning the end only works on nylon. For cotton or (I assume) silk, get some electrician's tape and wrap some tape around the end. If you get color tape, you can color code it for length, so you can already find the right length quickly. Alternately, I know there is a method that involves stitching the ends so they won't fray, but I've never tried it.

Fileboom Premium Account

kajmir

Apparently none of you spend time in your local hardware store.

Walk up to nice homedepot Man/Woman and say "HI I need plastic heat shrink for some rope"

It's a plastic tube, simular looking to a straw, you pop it on the end of said rope, take a lighter to it for 2-4 seconds...and poof, you magically have a secured end that won't unravel for some time.

Fileboom Premium Account