Real Life Pets

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Well, I myself own 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs and a fish.
My silver tipped tabby cat, Max, was a reject from a breeders for not having the right colouring a build. He was dumped into a sewer system, rescued and put in a personal shelter where i got him.
My orange tabby cat, Milo, was saved from being abandoned by my uncle. He was going to throw Milo and his brother out to the side of a road, but thankfully they both found good homes.
My two guinea pigs, Comet and Phantom were store bought, coming from a local breeder(the rescue didn't have any piggies)
My fish, Romulus was saved when my stupid neighbor was going to flush him down a toilet cause she didn't want him anymore.

I'm usually just that girl who will take your pet when your stupid enough to give up your commitment to it.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

Precious

Ruelee- I love little birds, in theory anyways I don't think i could personally ever have a bird, does yours go in the house or does she know to go to the bathroom in her cage?

Sparrow- I love love pitbulls I really can't stand people who fight dogs for their own amusement, go watch a movie, don't put these poor animals in harms way like that! I am glad he found a good home with you guys!

Rose- I can not believe the cruelty of people sometimes and their disregard for animals lives, I am the same way you are where I take pets when you give them up, it really broke my heart when we had to find a place for our dogs, i am glad they went to a shelter that they can run through the woods and live by a river. More people need to stop being so selfish with these poor animals! I'm glad to see there are people out there like us all who think of them!

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

I've had dogs and cats from shelters in the past. We never had any problems with the cats, but unfortunately the dogs were a different story :(

One dog, when I was a kid, was a collie/Jack Russell cross that my parents got from a boarding kennel. She was a lovely little thing, generaly well behaved, except that she would always pee and poo on the carpet. Attempts to correct this proved useless, so my mother insisted the dog be returned. The day after, she realised she'd made a mistake in doing so, and made arrangements to have the dog back again...only to find that she had been put to sleep within hours of being returned to the kennels :(

Another dog, that we got from a shelter, was lovely too, but was initially terrified of people. No wonder...when she went to the vet for a check up, we were horrified to discover that her anal opening was a hell of a lot bigger than it should be, so there's a chance that whoever she was rescued from was inserting things into her, or even worse, having actual anal sex with her :eek: :mad: :(

Fileboom Premium Account

Ruelee

Unfortunately, I've never actually been able to persuade any of my birds not to relieve themselves wherever they are at the time, but since they have favourite places to stand, such as on top of the curtain rail, on the window handles, on top of the light shades, on her cage, and sometimes even on top of the TV, it's usually confined to a few small places, so it's fairly easy to clean up after her.

At the moment she doesn't like me all that much because she's molting, that always makes her a bit irritable, and she'll shout loudly at everyone when she wants something. No one's allowed to refill her seed or water except me at those times, she won't let them.

Fileboom Premium Account

Doesn't she poop all over the place? Whenever my bird was let out of her cage she just pooped EVERYWHERE.

I had a cockatiel for many years, but for some reason developed a severe phobia of birds. My friend who had always loved her asked if she could have her, and now I see her every once in a while and she's very happy.

Fileboom Premium Account

Birds do crazy stuff. I myself have owned budgies and a cockatiel in the past. My budgies didn't last long, one was older(had him for a year and my aunt had him for ages), and we believe he became diseased and passed it onto the newer one.
My cockatiel had a brilliant attitude. She'd get right pissy when she didn't like something, and when she did like something she'd get really smug about it. She also copied a blue jays song perfectly, learnt the whistle i use to call my cats, it really confused them.

Fileboom Premium Account