Got invited to a fetish show, don't know what to wear.

Tallest

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Smallest and I got asked by one of her friends to come to a fetish show, And this is the Dress Code. I sent them an email saying that my pet will be dressed up, and on a collar/chain, but I don't have any fetish clothing or much money to buy it. They replied, suggesting that I get bodypainted, or wear electrical tape over my nipples.
That, of course, if you know smallest and I, will not do. I don't want to dress up as a msub and look like a fool at a show, but I also want to get in.

I'm worried about the dress code, because besides smallest I don't have much fetishy to wear. We're mostly into rope/chain bondage, but I don't want to be covered in ropes and look like I want to get tied. I don't think they'll pass me just for walking my pet on a chain, can anyone suggest something to wear? I don't have money for expensive fetish gear, and covering everything in electrical tape feels too trashy. I'd wear something semi-formal, but again I don't think they'd consider it a coherent ensemble (well dressed man and his pet) and I don't want to ruin anything nice at a club.

I had been thinking of wearing new black jeans and a black shirt, but they won't let those. I had also been considering wearing a dress shirt that I have with epaulettes, and making a lanyard out of the same bright chain that smallest's leash is made of, but I'm not sure if that means something in the fetish community and I don't want to give off the wrong ideas. I have lots of chain and rope and electrical tape, but nothing leather (besides my work boots), and no money to purchase any.

What would you suggest I wear?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

glasgow-sub

You could maybe wear your smart black trousers and shirt, and get a white priests collar, and a cross on a chain and go as a priest!? It says religious wear is acceptable? Or look into hiring a kilt for the evening. Kilts are expensive, but if you could find some place where you could hire one for the evening it wouldn't be too pricey. They seem mega strict, huh? Anyway, hopefully my suggestions might help you out.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

Smallest

They are insanely strict, and we don't really want to wear costumes for the sake of wearing costumes; we want to keep in what's our dynamic.

I'm confused on why kilts are allowed when formal pants are not, though. We were talking about it, and equating it to the things that are allowed. We joked, is it because kilts are so edgy and crazy, or that they're totally genderbending, or that they're period wear, or...
Just joking, of course.

Fileboom Premium Account

glasgow-sub

It's crazy, because in scotland, where I'm from, there's nothing taboo about wearing a kilt, it's just our version of traditional formal wear. It's not fetish wear at all. Men wear kilts to weddings etc, and you most definately wouldn't get stared at walking down the street in one. Their theory is strange, they're basically asking that Dom's don't wear what they usually wear, what they feel comfortable in, and something which makes people automatically want to respect them. Maybe Master Jey has the right idea - a cop and arrested prostitute!? Best of luck with finding something anyways, hope you have a wicked night! :)

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

You say you don't like doing costumes, but when you're out in public at a fetish show, you pretty much have to do some sort of costume, because the point of a fetish show is to watch the participants wearing their fetish drag, and if there's a dress code, all attendees are participants. Speaking as someone who wears leather in public on occasion, I can testify that there is a very big difference between being in a group where some people are wearing their gear and being in a group where everyone is in their gear. This show is clearly intended to be one of the latter; the organizers understand that having people dressed in street clothes really water down the sexual vibe of an event. So, sad to say, you're going to have dress up to get into this event.

The basic leather leather is blue or black jeans, plain black or white t-shirt , black boots, and a biker jacket. But you'd need a biker jacket. If you have a biker jacket, put a pair of handcuffs or a chain on your left epaulette, or carry a crop of similar toy on your left hip.

Another option, but it might require some modest cash outlay, would be to put together a simple cop outfit. Your local army surplus store probably sells black uniform pants and shirts, and your local uniform supply store definitely does. Buy a black uniform shirt (with epaulettes), and a security officer's badge. Shouldn't cost more than about $30-40 (and if you have a shirt that will do, even less). Buy a cheap name badge to wear over the officer's badge. Sew an American flag patch onto one sleeve at the shoulder. Wear it with a plain black belt and black boots or dress shoes.

Fileboom Premium Account