Wax Play Questions

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Ok so it's not an emergency but I need a quick response.

I've got homemade candles with various colors and scents (oil) made with soy mixed with regular pliable wax. (not sure which kind?) I've also got regular candles, some unscented and white from Walmart.

Is it safe to use these, and will they leave burns or marks? And on the pain scale, what is typical for wax play? 10 being I just got stabbed in the gut, 5 being a lashed with a thin whip and 1 being nothing?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Take a look at this (both you and your dom) before you start exploring this.
http://www.kufs.org/waxplayinfo.htm

There are several important things to think about, but the central safety issue is the melting point of the wax involved; it needs to be fairly low (120-130s), to avoid burning the sub. You want to use paraffin or soy candles, not beeswax (which has a higher melting point). Colored candles have a slightly higher melting point (+2-4 degrees), so clear candles are better, but many people like colored candles. The same is true of scented candles. Avoid candles that have metallic foil or similar additives.
Do not use dripless candles--they burn hot.

The other important factor is the drop distance. If the drop distance (from candle to skin) is too small, the wax will still be quite hot and may burn. If it is too large, the wax will have cooled and won't be much fun. So your dom will need to experiment slowly, starting with a large drop distance and gradually lessening it to find the sweet spot.

Give some thought to clean-up. Wax play is very messy. Use a drop cloth, and think about using some baby oil on the skin first. I've never done wax play, so don't just take my word for it. Read up on it.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account