Safety Concerns for Using Dog Crates?

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I pretty much figured it would be safe, but I just wanted to ask just in case. I am thinking of getting an XXL wire dog cage for a puppy girl/boy :) I plan on getting on off of Craigslist (and of course HIGHLY disinfecting it) then getting a big doggy bed to put in it. I haven't found my pup, yet, so I guess you could say I'm putting the cage before the puppy! LOL XD I crack myself up.

So any safety concerns I need to know of? This is the kind of crate I'm thinking of getting if you don't know what I'm talking about.

http://www.petco.com/product/111703... iCrate Single Door Folding Dog Crates-111703

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account
Free LIFE TIME Keep2Share PRO Account

sebastian

With anything designed to be used on dogs or other animals, remember that dogs have a different kind of skin than humans do. Their skin is thicker, covered with fur, and slightly looser than human skin. So things that are safe for animals may not be safe for humans. A pronged collar is probably not safe for humans, because it could easily puncture the skin, whereas it is unlikely to puncture the thicker skin of a dog. Same reason that dog cages might have rough edges.

Also, remember that a dog's throat is not structured like a human throat. Their windpipe is much more protected from the front than ours are. A dog collar is designed to be pulled on from the back, to restrain the dog's forward movement. If you do that to a collar worn by a human, it will compress against the windpipe and potentially cut off oxygen or damage the windpipe. Human collars can be pulled forward, but should not be pulled backward (fortunately, most human collars don't have a ring on the back--the buckle prevents that). A better option for a human slave would be a chest harness with a ring between the shoulder blades.

Fileboom Premium Account

Ah!! Okay, so I'm starting to think that not caring about your subby's safety is a trend. Maybe I care more because I think of them as kids or pets rather than disposable garbage? I've seen soooo many dangerous shit on Fetlife, it's not even funny!!!

Hopefully I'm wrong. Maybe this isn't a pronged collar or perhaps she's not using it like that? Here's the picture...

https://fetlife.com/users/516579/pictures/10501038

I've been rigged up a few times where basically, the collar is attached to something where if I pull on it, it pulls back and chokes me a little... So I figured pulling from behind wouldn't hurt a human, but I guess tugging really on someone's throat can be like a punch in the throat- which is an insanely awful experience.

Fileboom Premium Account

Smallest

Some doms don't care. It's not a trend among them, or at least, I wouldn't say that- more of a matter of a few idiots making a show of themselves.

There is also the concern that some subs have no concern for their own safety, and/or accept the risks of dangerous play like that. It doesn't mean the dom necessarily sucks (though were I a dom, I'd not be willing to play with a sub like that), just that they have an.. unusual arrangement.

Regarding the pronged collar specifically, either they are playing with fire or have arranged a way for it to be less dangerous- eg wearing over a sturdy choker, or rigging it so the prongs can't properly tighten, just press, or something like that.

Fileboom Premium Account

The wire kennels I'm familiar with are designed to break down very quickly for storage. Pull the pins at the corners holding it together and it collapses very easy. So they are not really "secure" for humans and can be escaped from easily. The biggest concern I see is trapping wrists in the frame.

The spiked collar shown is designed to dig deeply when a dog lunges. It's for training against this behavior. You can see that the spikes are cam'ed to press against the throat. In a human they would be very dangerous. I have seen this collar reversed so the spikes stick out

Fileboom Premium Account