Cheaper or makeshift toys

RS1981

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Are cheaper or makeshift toys safe to use? I've seen sites that tell you how to make your own floggers and stuff, but I question the safety. As for cheaper toys I did find a particular set on etsy that I'm thinking about getting, it's not too expensive since it's not retail so they don't mark things up to ridiculous prices on there. I did buy my sub a butt plug from one vendor on there that she said is pretty good. The thing I'm worried about is that it's partially made of vinyl, is that a good material for impact play? If I can improvise by finding or making my own toys that would be good because I'm on a pretty strict budget.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

RS1981

Well I did just recently buy a custom flogger, cane and crop set on etsy, good quality and it only cost me $75 including shipping. As for makeshift toys, most things used are pretty much similar to common household items. You can get a pair of clover clamps at craft stores for WAY cheaper than at a toy website apparently, I just happened to get a set of cuffs and clamps at a toy site anyway since it was relatively inexpensive. Speaking of which, as for toys not being expensive, yes they can be. The markups on a lot of them are insane, but if you know where to look for custom made items like on etsy for example, you can get good quality stuff for half the price. That being said, this is really just an update on my discoveries that cheap but good toys can be found if you know where to look.

Fileboom Premium Account

sebastian

There's going to be a lot of variety here. In general, custom-made toys are going to be better, but I'm sure there are expensive pieces of crap out there, and cheap but solid items as well. $75 is a reasonable price for a flogger, depending on particulars. I recently bought a nice one (metal and rubber handle) for about $50. It was shorter than a lot of the ones I'd seen, and lighter, but that's what I wanted. A decent polycarbonate cane is only about $20 or so.

However, one needs to be careful about mass-produced crap. There are lots of cheap sex toys out there that are poorly made and will break after a short use. In general, I want to be able to inspect my toys in person before I buy them, so I don't like to buy cheap toys online unless I had a clear sense of what I'm going to be getting. Similarly, leather toys (hoods, etc) are expensive. A cheap hood is probably not worth it; pay a good price at Mr. S., for instance, and you'll have an excellent item that will last a very long time.

And some toys, like handcuffs, don't have to be expensive. You should be able to get professional-quality cuffs for $20.

Fileboom Premium Account

RS1981

Yes sebastian, I agree, I won't buy toys from just anywhere, so I made it a point to check the reviews for the vendor and she has a very high score based on a decent amount of people. The toys I bought are made of vinyl mostly, and the cane has a steel core. Vinyl is easy to clean too so it's not a bad idea in my opinion. She also has a guarantee on her website that if anything breaks she'll repair or replace them for free. So I'm really not worried too much about it. $75 is a great price for a flogger, crop and cane set, you'd be looking at upwards of $100 or more for a set like that at most places. I also found a studded paddle at another vendor on etsy that's nearly identical to one found on extreme restraints, and it's half the price. I'll link the toy set that I bought, and I'll also link the paddle I plan to buy under it.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/119559140/set-of-three-stingy-bdsm-toys-cane?ref=shop_home_feat_3

https://www.etsy.com/listing/120150980/leather-paddle-with-pyramid?ref=shop_home_active_13

Fileboom Premium Account