Body suspension

Sally

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

I want to try to bind my sub in full body suspension. I know it is risky, but i'm going to cover him in rope. I'm going to have a pentagram harness over the chest, corset harness over the stomach and on the legs I'm going to have a modified dragonfly sleeve. I'm going to have three suspensjon points in the roof, and hang him from 10 inches over pillows. The arms I think, is going to be bound over the chest, so no veins or arteries are going to lose circulation. he is going to hang there for 10 min.

I know suspension is dangerous, so I would love some thoughts on this.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

Sally: Suspension bondage is definitely the most risky form of bondage there is. Falling due to poor equipment or a mistake in rigging is maybe the most obvious one but things like nerve compression, breathing problems, and circulation issues. Of particular danger is harness hang syndrome, also called orthostatic incompetence. Are you familiar with harness hang and how to avoid it? Do you have a plan for what to do if your sub passes out? Will you have a spotter/second rigger with you to help handle your sub's body and watch for signs of distress? If not, you probably shouldn't do suspension bondage.

My advice is that you should seek out a mentor who has done suspension bondage and ask him/her to give you some training first. Suspension is fairly extreme play, and like most forms of extreme or edge play, it's best done first under the guidance of someone who has experience with it. Expert riggers have generally been reluctant to commit the details of suspension bondage to writing for fear that it will encourage less-skilled players to explore it without proper training; the argument is that these skills need to be taught person-to-person.

Having said that, the plan you outline does show a fair amount of thought for safety issues, so you're clearly on the right path. I have never done suspension bondage, so I can't speak from personal expertise, only from having done a little reading on the subject (so take what I say with a grain of salt). From my limited knowledge, the one thing I can spot that your plan doesn't seem to address is making sure that the legs are at least slightly elevated above the heart. That helps prevent harness hang.

Again, just to be clear, I'm not saying your plan is otherwise safe--I don't have the knowledge to say that--but you're definitely showing the right attitude. My advice is still to find an experienced suspension top and ask for personal guidance.

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account