BDSM and lapband

RS1981

MIRROR: Download from MEGA

My pet is getting lapband surgery in a few months, and we're concerned about how safe it is to do BDSM with it. I know she should ask her doctor too, but at the same time it seems logical to try to get advice from others that are actually into it. I figure I can either find people directly on here who have experience, or people who know others who practice BDSM with a lapband. So does anyone here have a lapband or knows others who do, and have any advice for us?

Fileboom Premium Account

Keep2share Premium PRO Account

sebastian

Getting advice from BDSMers is a good idea, but you really ought to discuss that with your doctor, because there are all sorts of complications that might arise here. Discussing BDSM with a doctor can be embarrassing, but remember that you're the one paying the doctor, so s/he needs to answer whatever questions you have with maturity. I have had several conversations about gay sex with my doctor and like most physicians today, he understands the need to treat my questions with respect.

Fileboom Premium Account

Free LIFE TIME Fileboom Premium

No experience or great knowledge of the lapband, but with gastric bypass, I knew someone who had that done. After all the drawbacks, I wondered if it was really worth it to her. Eating disorders that follow, bowel problems, energy issues,.. A person never fully understands these things until they have been in those shoes... be careful!

Fileboom Premium Account

hrhmadison

I know that the original poster has probably found their answers but for others I felt it might be helpful to read this answer.

when I had the bypass I was a sub, switch and will base my answers on that mostly. I am now exclusively dom and except for more confidence, the bypass had nothing to do with that. Health was poor before bypass and now six years later is greatly improved. Although I agree with above post that perhaps it could have been done differently.

I have had gastric bypass and know many whom have had lapband. After your surgery site heals you are able and required to begin exercising, that is when we restarted our play. I found that most things did not changes or were not affected. However, if I ate wrong and had reflux our frothing or misused food and got sick out it would put me out of the mood for several days. My husband was also turned off from my vomiting. I had to be careful of dehydration in the early stages and could not do extendeed play because I would use more water than I could take in and get dizzy. In the beginning play could not extend past my two hour window of eating time, since that had to be done slowly and thoughtfully.

Lap band people actually, had sex sooner and in our support group had less problems in general. Perhaps because of the adjustment or because most of them in general were in better health to start. once we all started to lose weight people reported having more sex and enjoying it more, i.e. more people reported having internal orgasms fpr the first time in years. As we lost weight and bought new clothes and became active that helped as well.

Now six years later I could not say that any thing has been negatively affected by the bypass except for one minor change. Since we are not supposed to have nsaids, if we play a little too rough you can't reach for the alleve,motrin or aspirin.....all you can use is tylenol. So I tend to not push it as far as I used to, or at least make sure it is on a weekend where I can recover longer and sit in a hot bath.

Also as an aside, although I lost 100 lbs, I am still not thin. I also have to deal with the very difficult job of hiding, to me,a gross flabby stomach and crazy flappy arms and smaller, saggy breasts. I am two sizes outside of regular womens clothes and still have to work on weight issues each day. This does take a toll on my play because it is difficult for me to feel sexy without certain types of corsets or costume unless i am extremely excited already. I would have a real problem if I was a sub presenting myself now fully naked.

With these surgeries being more common I hope this may help someone else.

Fileboom Premium Account